Queen Mary 2
Today, Cunard White Star Service® is a lasting legacy of to a historical connection to the White Star Line and honors the golden era of these elegant and luxurious vessels. Cunard prides itself on standards of service that go above and beyond, exceeding the expectations of our guests. You’ll experience this White Star Service the moment you step on board the ship when their white-gloved officers and crew greet you with a smile and warm welcome.
From then on you’ll notice that every detail of your cruise has been carefully considered, ensuring the experience you've booked is enjoyable, memorable and luxurious. All staff is trained so each and every member of the crew delivers the same high level of service across every element of your cruise. Every member of the ship's crew is polite, courteous and immaculately dressed at all times and ready and waiting to serve each guest. Whether you’d like to find out about dining or catering for an event, room accommodation or onboard activities such as golfing, gaming or dancing, their English speaking staff are very knowledgeable about all the services. Ask them about experiencing the health club or relaxing in one of the spas, room service or facts about the ship.
The Cunard heritage is something they very proud of – in fact it’s where the name White Star Service comes from. A history of excellence When the construction of the Queen Mary stopped in 1931, only one year after work began, the British Government loaned Cunard the funds to finish constructing Queen Mary and build a sister ship (Queen Elizabeth). Cunard White Star come together when a new company was formed in May 1934 with Cunard owning 62% share. In 1947 the Cunard bought the remaining 38% share from White Star’s creditors. Today, Cunard White Star Service® is a lasting legacy of their historical connection to the White Star Line and honors the golden era of these elegant and luxurious vessels. This should be on your bucket list as a priority.